Fees and Submissions
Manuscript Fees and Submission Requirements
Short stories, articles, essays, chapters: up to 7000 words: $75. $3 per each additional page (approx 300 words). Copyedit only: $50
Novellas: 20,000 to 40,000 words: $495. Copyedit only: $295
Novels, Non-Fiction books: 40,000 to 100,000 words: $895. $3 per each additional page (approx 300 words). Copyedit only: $495
Book Queries (letter and synopsis): $125.
Mentoring: $65 per hour (negotiable, based on a free consultation).
Contact me to discuss the individual requirements you have according to your book and market.
- Rates apply to each manuscript; several short works may not be submitted for the minimum rate.
- Each additional 300 words equals approximately one page in standard format.
- 50% deposit required with submission. Balance due on receipt of evaluation. Exceptions made only for established accounts.
- For mentoring, a fee schedule will be offered.
Submission Requirements and Suggestions:
- Electronic submissions are preferred. This allows me to use the Comments and Track Changes functions in Word, so you can see each item individually. I generally use Comments to list thoughts and notes about a manuscript while I develop my overall evaluation. Track Changes allows you to review all copyedits before accepting them. For hard copy submissions, edits are noted on the copy itself and you must manually input them.
- Double space all pages.
- Margins of at least 1 inch on all sides
- Standard font: 12 point Times or Times Roman. Please, no Courier!
- If you are submitting a full length work, a novel or novella, I will ask for a 20-30 page sample (preferably the first 20-30 pages), and conduct a free consultation, from which I can determine your needs and our ability to work together.